The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are a series of American superhero films produced by Marvel Studios. All films are based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise consists of digital series, television series, comic books and short films. It is a shared universe in which all films are set. Films have been in production since 2007. 23 films have been produced under the Marvel Studios banner and 14 more are coming. It releases films in groups called Phase.
The first film released in 2008 was “Iron Man”. It expanded the universe to network television with SHIELD’s agent on ABC in 2013, and then more. It is the highest-grossing film franchise ever. It is commercially successful and has generally received positive critical response.
Viewers who are new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe often get confused about which order to watch the films. There are 23 films, which are a big question to watch first. The best way to view is based on the order of release. Here is a guide step-wise for watching movies to make things easier.
Marvel Cinematic Universe Guide to Watching a Film –
First stage –
- 2008 – Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk
- 2010 – Iron Man 2
- 2011 – Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger
- 2012 – Marvel’s The Avengers
step 2 –
- 2013 – Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark Tech
- 2014 – Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy
- 2015 – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
Step three –
- 2016 – Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange
- 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok
- 2018 – Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and The Wasp
- 2019 – Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man: Far Home
Step four – the upcoming
- 2021 – Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, The Eternals, Untitled Third Spider-Man Movie
- 2022 – Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness