A mouth watering meal that’s easy to make? Sign us up! This scrumptious recipe is filled with protein and fiber to keep you full and support your anti inflammatory diet. Bonus: you can make it in the morning (it only takes about 10 minutes to prep) so it’s ready by night, and it makes great leftovers!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (or grass-fed beef)
- 1 small onion, chopped (we love vidalia onions!)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy!)
- Cook and stir turkey (or beef) and onion in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Transfer to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Rinse and drain remaining canned ingreidents. Add to crock pot; mix well.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours.
Makes 6 servings.