And according to the “Inside Sport” sports website, “Vivamay take disciplinary action Messi After his criticism of the match referee Argentina and the Netherlands Antonio Mateu Lahoz, in the quarter-finals of the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
The match between Argentina and the Netherlands witnessed disciplinary violations by the coaching staff and the players of both teams, which prompted the referee, Lahoz, to raise the yellow card 18 times.
and open The International Federation of Football disciplinary action against Argentina national team Because of the behavior of his players during a match Holland.
FIFA relied on the article “order and security during matches” in its disciplinary code to refer the Argentine Football Association to the Disciplinary Committee of the International Federation.
What happened in the meeting between the Netherlands and Argentina?
– It was substitutes and administrators from Argentina national team They took to the field as the game turned into a confrontation in its dying minutes, with the Dutch scoring two late goals to force extra time.
– More heated bickering took place on the pitch after Argentina won on penalties after a 2-2 draw in regulation and extra time.
FIFA opened an investigation into the large number of yellow cards that players and others obtained during the match.
FIFA did not specify a timetable regarding the results of the two investigations.
FIFA said in a statement that the charges against the Argentine Football Association relate to player and staff misconduct and disruption of order and security in matches.
– Messi may face deprivation of participation in Croatia match Coming after swipe Referee LahozWhere he said: “FIFA cannot put a referee like him in such a match when he does not have a decent level to manage such meetings.”
Messi celebration photo
- After scoring Argentina’s second goal in the quarter-finals, on Friday night, Messi celebrated in a very bizarre way while staring at the Dutch substitutes’ bench.
- The Spanish newspaper “Marca” said that the way the Argentine star celebrated his goal sparked a lot of controversy, as pictures and videos spread showing Messi standing in front of the Netherlands bench and celebrating by placing his hands on his head and covering his ears.
- The Spanish newspaper highlighted that it is not clear whether Messi tried to provoke the Dutch coach Louis van GaalEspecially since the 35-year-old player seemed frustrated after the “mills” team equalized.
- For its part, the Argentine newspaper “Oli” interpreted Messi’s celebration by saying that the leader of the “tango dancers” sought to rehabilitate his compatriot Riquelme after he was mistreated by the Dutch coach during their time working together at the club. Barcelona.
- After the original time expires, a star heads out Paris Saint-Germain To the bench of the Netherlands, and entered into a sharp confrontation with Van Gaal.
- After the penalty shootout ended, Messi attacked the veteran Dutch coach, while describing a Dutch player as an “idiot”.
- Messi explained: “He markets himself as playing good football, but he relied only on tall strikers and random long balls.”