The semi-final, which will witness for the first time an Arab team, will be held at Al-Bayt Stadium in Diameter At exactly 7 GMT on Wednesday night, at a moment when history will pause for a long time.
- Skip Morocco All the hardships he’s been through so far world Cupbeginning with facing Croatia, then Belgium, then Canada in the group stage, and in the final price Spain, and finally Portugal in the quarter-finals.
- The French team is the last to win theWorld CupIn addition to having a lot of special items, on top of them Kylian Mbappeone of the most prominent stars in the world at the present time, and the top scorer of the tournament equally with Argentine Lionel Messi, with 5 goals each.
- The French team has multiple attacking options, such as Olivier Giroud, Antoine Griezmann, Kingsley Coman and Othman Debley, which will make Morocco’s defense mission more difficult than the other challenges it faced..
- The roosters’ national team, with its current generation, has semi-final experience, after it reached the same role and successfully skipped it in the 2018 World Cup in Russia, and now repeats the experience against Morocco, who appears for the first time in this very advanced stage of the World Cup..
- coach of the Moroccan national team, Walid Al-RakrakiHe surprised the audience at a press conference, after he announced his desire to “disrespect the French team for its team in the semi-final match,” adding: “I hope France will not respect us. If they respect us, the match will be complicated.”
- Regragui also expressed his “respect for France as a country whose nationality he holds, but without affecting his work,” as he stressed that “Didier Deschamps does not consider France itself, but rather a football team that is the best in the world.”
- The man also underestimated the importance of possession of the ball, commenting: “Is it better for me to have possession of the ball and shoot twice on goal, or do we leave possession and shoot more and make dangerous attacks? Well, I will tell Infantino to give a point to the team that has possession of the ball in the match.”“.
- The task of stopping Mbappe is always the talk of the media and the public before a confrontation FranceEngland did it and he succeeded Kyle Walker In preventing the danger of Mbappe by a giant percentage, but now the task will be more difficult for Achraf Hakimi, fellow France striker in Paris Saint-Germain..
- Regragui said that he “will not make exceptional plans for Mbappe,” pointing to “his friend Hakimi’s knowledge of his style and method of playing,” stressing that “France is not only Mbappe, but a whole team of wonderful players.”.
- Moroccan coach He expressed his “great confidence in playing the France match as if it were at home, due to the great public support in Qatar, and the arrival of 20,000 Moroccan fans before the match, to support the team.”
For his part, the coach of the French national team, Didier DeschampsHe expressed his “confidence in defeating the Moroccan national team” in the semi-finals, despite his recognition of the “defensive strength of the team.”.
- “Morocco has a great defensive force, and no team has succeeded in reaching its own net,” Deschamps said at a press conference.
- Morocco received a single goal in 5 matches so far in the World Cup, and the goal came by mistake against the Canadian national team in a match that the Lions decided in their favor with a score. (2–1).
- Deschamps downplayed the importance of the public presence, saying: “We know that the fans support Morocco. I spoke with the players about the matter, but that will not prevent us from scoring goals and winning. The fans will not make Morocco win. We are ready for the match.”
Morocco and France confrontations
- History has not witnessed an official confrontation between Morocco and France At the first team level, but it happened in the youth and junior teams and the Mediterranean tournaments.
- France played 5 friendly matches against Morocco, during which they did not lose, and they won roosters 3 times and attended a tie twice, between them once the Lions decided by penalty kicks in a friendly tournament.
- Louis II Stadium in Monaco hosted the first confrontation between Morocco and France in 1988, and the hosts won 2-1.
- After 10 years, they played again in the Hassan II friendly tournament, and attended a tie with two goals for each team, before they settled it. Atlas black penalty shootout.
- 1999 saw the third friendly in Marseille, and the hosts won 1-0.
- The fourth match was held in 2000 again in the Hassan II friendly tournament, and France won 5 goals to 1.
- The last confrontation was held in 2007 at Stade Saint-Denis, and the two teams tied with two goals each.
Morocco hopes that its first victory will be against France in their first official match, and in the first appearance of an Arab and African team in the World Cup semi-finals, in order to qualify for the final for the first time.