Namrata Shirodkar is an Indian actress, producer and former model. She worked in Bollywood. In the year 1993, she became Miss India. She is known for her works in Kutch Dhej, Vastu: The Reality, Ezhupunna Tharakan, Pukaar, etc. 71 crores.
Namrata Shirodkar’s early life –
Namrata was born on 22 January 1972. He was born in a Maharashtrian family of Goa origin. She has a younger sister Shilpa Shirodkar who is also an actress. Her grandmother Meenakshi Shirodkar was one of the notable actresses of Marathi cinema. Meenakshi was the first actress to wear Gambol in a pool and a swimsuit. Her close friends and family called her Chino.
Namrata Shirodkar Career Life –
- Shirodkar worked as a model and she won the title of Miss India in the year 1993. She represented India in Miss Universe where she finished 6th. Also represented India in Asia Pacific and declared as 1st runner up.
- In a brief role as a child artiste, Namrata worked with Sai Baba of Shatrughan Sinha Shirdi in 1977.
- Namrata made her debut with a small role in Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai (1998). The main cast of the film includes Salman Khan and Twinkle Khanna.
- Vastu was a hit film Namrata played a part in it. Her acting was liked by all and she became known in Bollywood.
- Namrata was nominated for IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award for her role in Pukar.
- Apart from Hindi, Namrata also worked in Kannada, Telugu, English, Malayalam and Marathi.
- Some of the notable works include – Vamsi, Vaastav: The Reality, Pukar, Hero Hindusthani, Bride and Prejudice, Jab Pyaar Kise Hota Hai, Chora Chitta Chora, Ezhupunna Tharakan, Anji, etc.
Namrata Shirodkar’s personal life –
Namrata was married to Telugu actor Mahesh Babu on 10 February 2005. She is 4 years older than her husband. She is the mother of a son and daughter.