Star Wars is one of the biggest film franchises ever. It is an American epic space opera media franchise. George Lucas is the producer. The franchise has expanded into various films and other media including television series, themed areas, video games, theme park attractions, comics books and novels.
It began with a film trilogy and later expanded into the trilogy of the trilogy known as the Skywalker saga. It is set in the Medicius race. The original trilogy was released between 1977 and 1983, the prequel triology in 1999 and 2005, and the next trilogy of 2015 and 2019.
All major theatrical live-action films were nominated for academic awards. The original film was nominated for Best Picture, Director, Original Screen Play and Supporting Actor. Several Star Wars television series have also been released. The most successful film merchandise franchise. It is the Guinness Tech Record for the most successful film merchandising franchise. A total of 15 Star Wars films have been released and many more are planned.
The galaxy so far will never slow down. New installments, verses, and rewrites are being written almost every year. With the film’s unusual order of release, it is very confusing which one to watch first and which order to follow. Does the audience start with the original trilogy of the first film (1977–1983) and then go back to the prequel.
To make things easier, let’s now discuss the order of watching the films released so far in the Star Wars franchise.
Order of star wars
- A New Hope (1977) Star Wars Episode IV
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Star Wars Episode V
- Return of the Jedi (1983) Star Wars Episode VI
Prequel triology –
- The Phantom Men’s (1999) Star Wars Episode I
- Clone of the attacks (2002) Star Wars Episode II
- Revenge of the Sith (2005) Star Wars Episode III
Sequel trilogy –
- The Force Awakens (2015) Star Wars Episode VII
- Rogue One (2016)
- The Last Jedi (2017) Star Wars Episode VIII
- Solo (2018)
- The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Star Wars Episode IX