Pradhan Mantri Yojana (PM) Gram Samridhi Yojana in Hindi (Jobs in Hindi) Micro food processing sector)
In our country it is often seen that there is a lot of lack of employment in rural areas. Because most people go to the city for industry and business, due to which the employment has not been reached in the village so far. But now the central government has decided to start a scheme to provide employment in the village too. Under this scheme, there is no need to go anywhere for employment especially to the children of farmers living in the village, now employment opportunities in micro food processing sector will be provided for them in the village itself. Look at this article to know what are the schemes that are launched by the central government and what are its features.
|No. M||Plan info point||Plan information|
|1 is||Name of scheme||Pradhan Mantri Gram Samridhi Yojana|
|2.||Start plan||In 2019|
|3.||Plan announcement||By the central government|
|४.||Related Departments / Ministries||Ministry of Food Processing Industries|
|5.||Beneficiaries of the scheme||Unemployed citizens of the village|
|६.||Scheme funding||Will be done by the Tech Bank|
- Development of village: – Through this scheme, Common Facility Centers can be established in the unorganized food processing sector in rural areas. Along with this, business incubators will also be provided in the village, which will make the development of villages possible.
- Main objectives of the scheme: – The main objective of this scheme is to provide subsidy to small farmer producing organizations and individual food processors, who are able to invest very little capital and have no access to credit. Besides, establishing food processing capacities in the village, enhancing and improving their existing capabilities and performance and strengthening the farm-to-market supply chain etc. are also included in the main objectives of the scheme.
- Facility and assistance provided: – Under this scheme, small farmers residing in the village will be provided facility to build 70,000 micro food processing units in the country. The capital investment for each unit will be less than Rs 10 lakh. With this, instead of finding job opportunities, the farmers will turn into job creators. In this scheme, entrepreneurs will also be encouraged to set up food processing units, upgrade the technology in the existing units, improve the management of the unit and help in the technology.
- Subsidy: – Under this scheme, subsidy from 3% to 5% can be obtained from the bank on interest.
- Online facility: – In this scheme, the process of applying for subsidy has been put online.
- Special Focus: – The plan specifically includes creating TMT in the sector, setting up a non-banking Miracle company to fund food processing units, advancing national food processing policies and big-ticketing India’s ‘Tech Food Program’ The focus will be on spreading to scale.
- Funding in Gram Samridhi Yojana: – A total of Rs 3,000 crore is to be funded in this scheme, which will include special support from the Tech Bank. That is, 1,500 crore rupees will be given by the Tech Bank, while 1,000 crores will be borne by the Center and the remaining 500 crores will be imposed by the state governments.
- In the first phase: – This pilot project will be started in the first phase in 4 states i.e. Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Punjab and later this initiative will be extended to the entire country.
- total duration :- In this scheme, a period of 5 years has been fixed to cover the entire country.
- The goal of the scheme: – There is a provision to target about 25 lakh food processing enterprises in unorganized areas for the enhancement of this scheme and development of the village.
Such a plan is an important step towards the development of the village. And this will not only develop the village, but it will also provide employment to the people living in the village.
Other Links –