ENTERTAINMENT

Rise of Lead Public in Thailand’s E&E, Food, Auto and Medical Sector Investments, BOI Application Data Show – Tech

Bangkok, November 5, 2020 / PRNewswire / – continued commitment Thailand The number of investment applications by both foreign and local companies increased marginally to 1,098 in the January-September period, as firms continued to expand in targeted sectors including electricity and electronics (E&Y), food, automotive and medicine. COVID-19-induced economic downturn, Thailand The Investment Board said today.

Total value of applications slowed by 15% over the period of the year 223.7 billion baht (USD7.2 billion), Due to the small size of projects amid the global decline in investment due to COVID-19.

In that period, the targeted areas represented 58% of the total value of applications. E&E was the sector in which both domestic and foreign investors made the most investment, with 106 projects in total. 37.6 billion bahtAfter agriculture and food processing, with a total of 114 projects 26.9 billion baht, And the automotive industry, with a total of 63 projects 20 billion baht.

The number of applications in the medical field has more than doubled to 65, while the total value has increased by 75% year-on-year. 14.7 billion baht BOI said that to be the fourth ranked sector.

“Investment in our top targeted sectors remains strong, showing Of thailand Flexibility despite tough global environment, ”said BOI Secretary General Dungjai Unrecognized. “The medical sector continued to show a strong performance as investors quickly adjusted and built the COVID-19 position. Of thailand Medical and Research Capability. “

Of the total applications, 47% were new investments, while the remaining 53% were for expansion of existing projects, the BOI said.

In terms of geographical location, the three provinces in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) region attracted 313 projects for total investment. 109.4 billion baht, Or 49% of the total applications filed during the nine-month period.

The number of foreign direct investment applications fell marginally to 657 in the same period from 665 in the same period. 118.5 billion baht, 29% less than the earlier period. Japan Led the FDI source rankings with 139 projects 37.5 billion bahtTotal FDI represents 32% of the value of applications, followed by China Came up with 129 projects 21.2 billion baht, And Netherlands With 62 projects 17.5 billion baht. Singapore Came fourth with 76 projects 12 billion baht, whereas Taiwan Wrapped up the top five with 37 projects 9.5 billion baht.

The BOI stated that FDI applications contributed 60% of the total projects and 53% of the total investment value during the January – September period.

For more information, please contact:
Thailand Board of investment
Tel. +66 (0) 2553 8111
Website: www.boi.go.th
Youtube: Think Asia, Invest Thailand

Photo – https://themiracletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rise-of-Lead-Public-in-Thailands-EE-Food-Auto-and.jpg


Content is by PR Newswire. Tech Media is not responsible for the content provided or any link related to this content. Tech Media is not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness or quality of content.

Most Popular

To Top
// Infinite Scroll $('.infinite-content').infinitescroll({ navSelector: ".nav-links", nextSelector: ".nav-links a:first", itemSelector: ".infinite-post", loading: { msgText: "Loading more posts...", finishedMsg: "Sorry, no more posts" }, errorCallback: function(){ $(".inf-more-but").css("display", "none") } }); $(window).unbind('.infscr'); $(".inf-more-but").click(function(){ $('.infinite-content').infinitescroll('retrieve'); return false; }); $(window).load(function(){ if ($('.nav-links a').length) { $('.inf-more-but').css('display','inline-block'); } else { $('.inf-more-but').css('display','none'); } }); $(window).load(function() { // The slider being synced must be initialized first $('.post-gallery-bot').flexslider({ animation: "slide", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, itemWidth: 80, itemMargin: 10, asNavFor: '.post-gallery-top' }); $('.post-gallery-top').flexslider({ animation: "fade", controlNav: false, animationLoop: true, slideshow: false, prevText: "<", nextText: ">", sync: ".post-gallery-bot" }); }); });