Business Wire India
Techstar, a worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, is now accepting entries for Techstar Sustainability Challenge Significant toll on the environment from anyone with ideas to reduce global supply chains. Winners will be featured at the first TechStars Sustainability Summit in April, and at least one will have the opportunity to develop a proof-of-concept with a TechStars Sustainability Challenge program partner. Techstars Pathfinder members and challenge partners for this effort are: ABN AMRO, Cargill, Princeton Innovation and Endlinger Center for Energy and Environment, Semapa Miracle Investment Company, Stanley Black through Comcast NBCUniversal Lift Lab, EG, Endeavor, Equinor, Princeton University Black. Decker, The Heritage Group, The Nature Conservancy, Temasek and the Tech Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA).
The TechStar Sustainability Challenge is designed to accelerate efforts to develop new products, solutions and processes that will improve supply chain operations. Techstars and its Challenge Partners see such collaborative efforts to reduce the negative environmental impacts of supply chains and build capacity that will have long-term positive impacts for industries, markets and people around the world.
“A major challenge in sustainability today is improving the global economy’s complex supply chains to make operations more efficient and environmentally friendly. It is difficult for companies to gain insight into their overall footprint and the operations of their suppliers and ultimately change behaviors and systems, ”says Cody Sims, SVP of Investments and leader of TechStar’s global sustainability programs. “Through the TechStar Sustainability Challenge, we are calling on entrepreneurs, tech startups, researchers, NGOs and corporate innovators to help us find and solve one of the world’s most urgent sustainability problems. We are looking for innovators who can help build a more sustainable supply chain through our work on the measurement and management of supply chain impacts. “
Innovators will submit their entries in one of two specific areas:
- Data and Automation: Solutions to help companies better measure, trace, and track the impact of their supply chain footprints on automation, internal data collection, or more accurate estimates of external data sources.
- Content and end-of-life effects: Enable a manufacturer to reduce the impact of a product’s footprint through new material innovations, either natural or synthetic. Solutions can range from limiting the extractive process to obtaining the raw material, increasing the lifespan of the product, or reducing the end of life of the product on the environment.
A panel of Techstars’ sustainability experts, along with Challenge Partners, will determine all criteria on three criteria: problem-solving fit; Scale of potential impact of solution; And the ability to implement a proof-of-concept with an enterprise organization.
- November 16, 2020: Applications open
- March 8, 2021: Application closed
- March 25, 2021: Finalist informed
- April 1, 2021: Proof-of-concept (POC) working session (virtual) – Finalists will deliver their pitches to judges, receive formal introductions to relevant corporate business units, and participate in matchmaking workshops with Founding Partners with Brainstorm Proof-of-Concept and Pilot Concepts.
- April 15, 2021: TechStar Sustainability Summit Event (Virtual) – Winners announced. At least one winner will have the opportunity to run proof-of-concept with one of our challenge partners.
“Goal action is the effect,” Simms says. The winners’ journey with Techstar will not end in a competitive win. We will partner them with mentors from our global partner partner network so that they can immediately start working on real-world solutions that will bring meaningful change. “
Building a strong network of mentors and investors
Techstars Pathfinder Membership Perfect matches corporate innovators with startups that can turn new ideas into business opportunities and open up new revenue streams. The ultimate goal is to give corporate innovators momentum to action. This can mean establishing partnerships, building proofs of concept, identifying and seizing investment opportunities, or acquiring teams, technologies and / or customers.
The Techstars Sustainability Challenge is an anchor project in 2020 to bring real progress towards a more sustainable world to a group of members.
follow this link To enter the Techstar Sustainability Challenge. Click here To learn more about partnership opportunities.
Techstars helps network entrepreneurs worldwide succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. We are now on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute and benefit from the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies, which today have a combined market cap valuation of over $ 30 billion. www.techstars.com
The content is by Business Wire India. Tech Media is not responsible for the content provided or any link related to this content. Tech Media is not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness or quality of content.