The Little Mermaid is an upcoming American musical fantasy film. Rob Marshall directed the film and screenplays were performed by Jane Goldman and David Maggie. It is produced by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a live-action adaptation of the 1989 animated film of the same name, based on the anonymous story by Hans Kristen Anderson. No release date has been announced yet.
Development of the Little Mermaid –
- It was reported by a Hollywood reporter in May 2016 that The Little Mermaid was in an early stage of development.
- In December 2017, it was reported that the Walt Disney Company selected Rob Marshall and Jane Goldman to screenplay to direct the film.
- Marshall revealed that he was hired in December 2018 along with John DeLuca and Mark Platt. He was responsible for the beginning of developing the project for the film adaptation and has already started his work.
- In an interview, Marshall revealed that the film is in an early stage of development. The studio is trying to find ways to translate the story of the original film into live-action.
- In February 2020, the producers revealed that the rehearsal for the film had begun.
- Filming was to begin in London in April 2020, but was delayed due to an epidemic. It was to resume in August but was delayed again. It should now be commissioned in late 2020, according to the report.
- According to reports, Alan Menken who wrote the lyrics for the original film will also write the lyrics for the film. Later Alan also announced that he had already started working on film songs. And in the year 2019 it was told that so far about 5 songs have been written.
The Star Cast of the Little Mermaid –
- Halle bale as ariel
- Jonahuer-King as Eric
- Melissa McCarthy as Ursula
- Javier Bardem as King Triton
- As Aquafina Scooty
- Dewed Diggs as Sebastian
- As Job Tremblay Flounder
Little Mermaid Background –
- It is a 1989 American animated musical fantasy film.
- The film is produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and Walt Disney Pictures.
- This is Disney’s 28 animated film based on the 1837 Danish fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Anderson.
- So far, three films have been released under the Little Mermaid (The Little Mermaid, The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea, The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s debut).