Tim Tebow (Timothy Richard Tebow) is an American professional baseball player. He plays for the New York Mets organization. He is also a former football player and broadcaster. For the University of Florida, he played college football. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2007. Tim is known for his Christian faith. His net worth is $ 5 million.
Tim Tebow’s Early Life
- Tim was born as Timothy Richard Tebow (August 14, 1987) in Manila, Philippines. His parents later moved to the Philippines to work as Baptist missionaries.
- Tim’s mother was diagnosed with amoebic dysentery and was in a temporary coma. Doctors advised her mother to abort Tim because she was on heavy medication that could affect the unborn child. But his mother went ahead with the pregnancy and Tim was born. She was malnourished at birth.
- Tim’s parents moved to Jacksonville, Florida when he was 3 years old, where he was homeschooled according to his parents’ Christian beliefs.
- Tim is dyslexic and believes that it is a gift from God. He received a scholarship to the University of Florida.
Tim Tebow’s Career Life
Tim accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida. Tim played for coach Urban Meyer’s Florida Gators football team. He played between 2006 and 2009. In the new year he played as a backup. He was also selected as the captain of the team in the years 2008 and 2009.
Tim’s record (2007) includes –
- SEC season total touchdown 55
- SEC season rusked touchdown record, 20
- University of Florida Single Game Quarterback Towing Yards, 166 for Week 4
- Career-high single-game rushing touchdown, 5, November 10
Tim also reached career-low. He struggled to play against the Buffalo Bills and the New England Patriots. Against the Pittsburgh Steelers, he again touched his career high. He had two touchdowns and a throw of 316 yards.
Tim Tebow Awards Received for Football–
- 2007 Heiman Trophy ‘
- Gator’s ‘MVP’ award three times (2007, 2008, 2009)
Teams played within Tim Tebow Football –
- ‘Denver Broncos for 2010 NFL Draft’
- New york jets
- New english patriot
- Philadelphia Eagles
In 2016, Tim played his first baseball match. He played for the New York Nets. He played his first match in the Mets Instruction League. He also played the Columbia Fireflies team.
Personal life of Tim Tebow
Tim founded the Tim Tebow Foundation for Children and deprived children. He founded it in 2010. Through his foundation, he takes care of health and education.